Ways You Can Help
Help us to make a change for good. Whether you only have a few minutes, a direct lived experience to share, or a desire to give more children with cerebral palsy a better future, we could use your help.
5 ways to help in 5 minutes
If you only have 5 minutes, here is how you could help us:
- Follow us on social media → Facebook and Twitter
- Share about our Awareness Campaign within your own social media community to help more parents and signposters be aware of the warning signs in very young children and what they should do.
- Tell us about early intervention services, clubs, and professionals and practitioners in your area that you would recommend → Contact Us
- If you have a child or family member with cerebral palsy and would like to share your story and experiences, have questions or need help, or would like to help other parents who have a very young child with cerebral palsy, please get in touch with us → Contact Us
- Speak with your employer to encourage them to choose Action Cerebral Palsy as the nominated charity of the year.
Donate and help us to make a change for good for children and young people at risk of or living with cerebral palsy and their families.
- Donate now → Fundraiser by Action Cerebral Palsy: gofundme.com
- Become a Regular Giver – Regular giving is a powerful way to make a change for good for children with cerebral palsy and their families. By becoming a regular giver, you will help us to plan knowing that your support is for the long term, just like our work. Our regular supporters make their chosen contributions on a monthly or quarterly basis by standing order. If you would like to become a regular giver, please Contact Us
- Leave a legacy – We need your help to help each and every one of the 30,000 children and young people in the UK with cerebral palsy thrive with the care, support and education that they need and deserve. By including a gift to Action Cerebral Palsy in your Will, you can leave a lasting legacy that will help thousands of children in the future. Gifts in Wills come in all shapes and sizes and we are hugely grateful for them all. We recommend using a legally qualified Will writer so that the wording is precise and to ensure that your true intentions are carried out. To talk with us about legacy giving, please get in touch → Contact Us
Fundraise and help us to ensure that every child with cerebral palsy in the UK can access the best possible intervention, care, education and support they deserve.
- Take part in an event – challenge yourself to walk, run, climb, jump, swim, skydive and fundraise for Action Cerebral Palsy.
- Organise your own fundraiser – If you would like to run your own event in your community for Action Cerebral Palsy, we would love to hear from you. From dinner parties, to quiz nights, bake-offs, mufti days, to having your own stall at your village fete, you can help us to raise awareness of the issues facing children and young people with cerebral palsy.
Please Contact Us if you would like to fundraise to help us.
Giving your time and skills to Action Cerebral Palsy can help us to make a real difference in the lives of so many children and their families. We are a very small team with big ambitions and we could use your help:
- Hosting an event – If you would like to host a fundraising event for Action Cerebral Palsy, please get in touch.
- Supporting other families – If you are a parent of a child with cerebral palsy and would like to help support other families who are only just starting on this journey, please get in touch.
- Sharing your story – If you are a parent of a child with cerebral palsy and would like to share your experiences and help us to shape the discussion at both a national and local level on what best practice in early intervention, ongoing care, education and the transition to adult services, then please get in touch.
- Sharing your skills – Can you help us spread the word, evaluate our impact, gather and share family stories? Have you been involved in developing models of best practice, or worked to change public policy? If you have a skill and would like to share, we would love your help.
- Becoming a Trustee – If you would like to become more actively involved in shaping our work, have a lived experience of cerebral palsy or are passionate about supporting, caring for or advocating on behalf of children with cerebral palsy, we could use your help.
If you would like to join our amazing community of volunteers, please Contact Us
Your company can help us to make a real difference. Action Cerebral Palsy can help inspire your employees to achieve amazing things, while also helping you to build your brand reputation, develop loyalty from customers and your employees, and help to set you apart from your competitors.
- Charity of the Year – A great focus for your fundraising activities. Get the whole company involved in fundraising, volunteering and supporting Action Cerebral Palsy.
- Gifts in Kind – Help Action Cerebral Palsy to reduce our costs or supplement our small team by sharing the skills of your employees or donating unwanted or unneeded resources.
- Sponsorship – Sponsor one of our events and gain valuable brand exposure.
- Employee Engagement – Encourage your employees to challenge themselves and fundraise for Action Cerebral Palsy or to volunteer their time. Your company could match the value that they raise and double the donation that you can make to Action Cerebral Palsy.
- Payroll Giving – Talk with your staff about the benefits of payroll giving and the positive difference that could make for Action Cerebral Palsy.
If you share our vision and would like to get involved in our vital work, please get in touch → Contact Us
Thank you to all of our supporters for helping us to make a change for good.